Friday 29 December 2006

I'm getting younger!



As a gift for the family I purchased BrainTraining(TM); I'd seen the adverts for a while and it looked like something we could all benefit from. I sat down a couple of days ago for my first session; convinced that my education, love of reading and blog writing would all help me to achieve a good score. Having completed three of the assessment exercises I waited to be told my brain age.........80.
80 that's good right? means I'm full of knowledge. Wrong! As Dr. Kawashima informed me "This is a wake up call! I fear your brain is asking for help".
Oh really Doc! You'll be asking for help soon if you keep speaking to me like that, I'll remove your battery!
Ok, Ok, I decide that I should take this seriously and accept the good Dr's advice on a small daily exercise I might like to try to help my brain reach the desired age of 20.
He suggests that whilst brushing my teeth I should count the number of strokes I make. I remember this in the bathroom this morning and begin. One, Two, Three, Four - fifteen minutes later I am still brushing and counting. My poor brain can't keep up with the speed of the brushing, so my arm has slowed down to compensate! I give up having lost count and suffering from severe arm ache; I decide not to try that again for a while.
Determined not to be on the receiving end of anymore of Dr. K's wisecracks I ensure I'm fully focused for today's session.......67.
An improvement I guess, but soooooooooooooo far away from my biological age of 18!

2 comments:

Leighann said...

I'm not really sure 20 is the optimum mental age to be. I remember stuff I did at 20 and it wasn't all that smart. :-)

Mel said...

LOL - I'll pass that on to Dr.K!