Sunday 31 December 2006

Then and Now!



I plaited my hair again last night; I felt that it had been looking a bit limp the past few days. I've grown to like this way of styling as it gives my hair a bit more body. I'm still having issues with my hair looking sparse - this camera is kind to me and always seems to fill in the gaps!

I have had my SL's for almost two weeks and I am enjoying the adventure. The road has been mainly smooth; itchy scalp has been a problem and I am still trying to find the right remedy. I haven't been particularly adventurous with my hairdo's, mainly letting it do it's own thing; I worry about being too brutal with it and I still have lots of scalp exposure around the sides. At present I'm just loving the 'get up & go-ness' of my hair - if only choosing what to wear was as easy!

One thing I have realised is that I have taken so many pictures, I'm like a woman obsessed!
I really am quite far away from posting comparison pictures, but I couldn't resist putting this collage together. It pretty much shows my hair from the installation to today - it's almost in order apart from the first and last pics, which Picasa has seen fit to move and duplicate.

(BrainTraining Age - 56)

7 comments:

Goodnapps said...

Hey Mel - oh what a pretty face you have. Congrats on your new SL's. Cheers to happy locing!

Mel said...

Thank You Goodnapps - can you tell how much I'm enjoying myself!

Goodnapps said...

definitely!

brunsli said...

Ooops, is taking a lot of pictures of yourself bad?

Mel said...

Absolutely not Brunsli! It's a way of developing one's creativity. (that's my story and I'm sticking to it!)

Anonymous said...

HiMel, I think your locks look lovely. I also live in London and want to know where you had yours done as you mentioned a going to a shop.

Dee

Mel said...

Hi Dee

Thank You! I had my hair done by Angela at Mane Trends, NW10.
020 8965 6440
She is away at the moment - back at the end of the week.
I can highly recommend her, she was also my hairdresser prior to Sisterlocks. She does traditional locks as well as Sisterlocks and she offers other natural haircare services.
If distance is an issue I think there is a place in Croydon - Cammalocks (they have a website) and somewhere in Edmonton (sorry don't know the name but I have read about it on another blog - sisterlockedlondon).

I hope this helps :-)