Thursday 7 December 2006

You know it's winter when...



You leave home for work and it's cold, dark and wet and then you leave work for home and it's cold, dark and wet!

An example

I leave my house this morning just after the girl on GMTV has forecast a storm, it looks like the middle of the night and feels like I'd be better off in bed. I have to put the headlights on but Johnny Vaughn causes me to smile as I listen to capital.
I arrive at school, "Good Morning", "Good Morning" and make myself a cup of coffee.
Then, I check my pigeon hole, check my e-mail, distribute the books I've marked, sort out books to be marked, check my e-mail, meet new colleague, look for keys, eat breakfast, run to form room, register form, discuss last night's footie, check e-mail, teach two lessons, have break, teach two more, lunchtime but not as you know it - rehearsing for OAP party next week so I eat soup whilst choreographing salsa routine, lunch over, last lesson, register form, check e-mail, pack bag with marking to take home, check e-mail, go down to hall - parents evening, meet parents and tell them about the progress their child is making, still meeting parents, still meeting parents, not quite the last teacher there - but nearly, walk to car - it's cold, dark and wet - have I been here before?, arrive home twelve hours after I left.

Would I change my job - nope. Would I live in another country - can't see it. Am I enjoying this blog thing - Yep!





3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Reading this reminded me about what I've been missingfor the last 6months. Wish me luck on my return this week. Luckly no parents evening...INSET on 22nd instead, isn't she lovely. Sy xx

Anonymous said...

Goodness!
Just saw the photo of Sy's little one - I can't believe how big she is!!!
Well, winter hasn't quite hit Bahrain - it is more like a crisp Oct day.
But I know that I'll feel more wintery and Christmassy when we hit London in 3 days time!
My first term here has been great. The kids at school are fab, I have made some lovely friends and it has been a real experience...teaching really is the same the world over but I do miss those Harlesden and Kilburn kids with attitude!!!
Anyway it's nearly your birthday isn't it?
Sharon and I are both back so we'll all have to hook up!

Lyndsey
x

Mel said...

Hey Lyndsey

Can't wait to see you and Sharon - hasn't time flown.
You're right, my birthday is approaching! We'll do something...

X