Wednesday 28 February 2007

Of course we had to do some work!



Most of Monday was spent at the Pedagogical Institute in Innsbruck, learning about the Austrian school system. Got me thinking I should move over there - teachers are paid for 40 hours per week but only teach 20! Before Tuesday's mountain hike and carnival activities, we spent the morning at a secondary school. I observed a Religious Education lesson which was taught by a guy from the States; he went to Austria in the '70's and never left!
School ended at 12 o'clock with the staff meeting for beer and sausages - "Oh, you don't do this everyday. No no, it's OK, I don't need the job application form anymore"




We visited a primary school on Wednesday morning and after a brisk uphill walk, arrived just in time for break...











Back in class the children were learning English -I wonder if that was for us?. I decided that as I'd been in Austria for four days it was about time I spoke some German. It has been uh-hum years since I had a German lesson, but the children were only little.
I asked this sweet girl how old she was; she seemed impressed by my ability to speak her language and answered with a smile "Emily"!

2 comments:

KnottyAuthor said...

wow,you have a son that travels,you travel...do you look younger than you are? bc I had you at 18/19!!!lol1!!! you look good girl!

Mel said...

18,Wow! It's been a little while since I was that age! Thanks for the compliment:-)