Friday 2 February 2007

WDAOTASF?



THNTDWMH!



As you know I'm pretty new to blogging, I've also recently joined a few chat groups, I indulge in the odd messenger conversation and regularly use text messaging. What I have noticed being used frquently on all of these are acronyms; 3 lettered, 4 lettered, sometimes more. Now, some of them seem fairly obvious to me (I think), but there are a fair few that have me stumped. I have compiled a list and wonder if there are any here that you can help me with:

*UPDATE*
Thanks to my Sister and Brenda these are pretty much sorted, just BMFL to decode...

HTH - Hope This Helped

IMHO - In My Humble Opinion

FYI - For Your Information

LOL - Laugh Out Loud / Lots Of Love

BTW - By The Way

OMG - Oh My Gosh/Goodness/God

ROFLOL - Roll On Floor Laughing Out Loud

LMAO - Laughing My A*** Off

AFAIK - As Far As I'm Concerned

FOMCL - Fall Off My Chair Laughing

FWIW - For What It's Worth

GMAB - Give Me A Break

IOW - In Other Words

TAFN - That's All For Now

GTG - Got To Go

BMFL

TTYL - Talk To You Later

AFAIC - As Far As I'm Concerned



Extra prize for guessing what the title and subtitle of this post are...
What Do All Of These Acronyms Stand For?
This Has Nothing To Do with My Hair!

The Prize goes to Brenda!



TTFN

Ta-Ta For Now!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

ROFLOL = Rolling on the floor laughing out loud

LMAO = Laughing my a*** off

AFAIK = As far as I know

FOMCL = Falling off my chair laughing

FWIW = For what it's worth

IOW = In other words

TAFN = That's all for now

GTG = Got to go

TTYL = Talk to you later

Anonymous said...

AFAIC - As far as I'm concerned
GMAB - Give me a break

Mel said...

Natoyah Wow, have you left any for anyone else to guess! Sis, you clearly get your brains from me, or did you do an internet search!

No prize though, you haven't worked out the title and subtitle...

Brenda said...

How about:
WDAOTASF - What do all of these acronyms stand for?

THNTDWMH - This has nothing to do with my hair.

I work for the gov't and we're good for acronyms also!

Mel said...

Brenda, you are the winner! Now I just need to sort out your prize...

Brenda said...

Cheesecake, cheesecake!!!

Sis. RJQueen10 said...

I have be trying to figure out how to start conversating in the Lockitup group. Well, I was reading and reading and there is a sheet, I think it is under the file section, that list acronyms and their meanings. I only glanced at it. But I will use it and this post here, if I get stuck. Thanks for figuring this out, so I would not have to.

Sis. RJQueen10

Mel said...

No worries RJQueen. And thanks for the tip on the file in Lockitup, I shall have a look at it.