Monday 19 March 2007

3 Months!

I can't believe it's three months already! I am really starting to see a difference in my hair, as are others. There is a lot of swelling happening at the roots; I now have between 21/2 and 41/2 inches of natural hair.
What a month it has been; I travelled and my hair wasn't an issue, I have tried to be creative with styling - not always with the intended results, I have had my long awaited second retightening, my hairties arrived but my hair was too small, my hair got smaller but big and I could wear my hairties, I think I found my first grey hair, but most of all I continue to enjoy my hair and the decision I made to embark on this journey.

15 comments:

Creyole said...

Nice pic!

Unknown said...

Hurrah!!!

I found a gray, too!! I yanked that sucker out so fast it didn't even hurt!!

Goodnapps said...

Lovely pic indeed.

Natural Kinks said...

Your hair is coming along nicely and your starting with some good Lenght!

KnottyAuthor said...

i luv the blck n white

Brenda said...

First gray??! Oh, you newbie! You're making great progress.

Mel said...

Thank you all for your lovely comments!

Sunsail, I'm tempted to pull it, but scared it might hurt!

Brenda, yes the first! Initially I thought it was fluff; let's just say I didn't take it too well when I realised it was my hair.

Abena Abena said...

Mel,

I like this black and white photo of you :) Very nice.

CarmenNC said...

I have four grey hairs. And they are some strong little fellows too - they never shed or break. Two thumbs up on your hair swelling.

Mel said...

Chosen Vessel - Thank You. I love Picasa for this! I did and I didn't like the picture, so I thought I'd try B&W and what do you know - I really like it now.

Carmen - not long now and the same will be happening for you...

MEE said...

You go girl!! Nice growth!

Anonymous said...

Mel,
I really enjoy reading your blog. This b&w pic is really cute! What did you use to style your hair?

Grace

Mel said...

Oh Maryee, Thank you!

Thanks Grace! I have answered your question in a post. Thanks for dropping by :-)

Sogolocs said...

Your locks look wonderful. I won't discuss my gray, I am handling it with grace.

Sogolocs

Mel said...

Thanks Sogo! and thank you for dropping by. I can't see my grey anymore, think it got lost in my last retightening session!