Tuesday 27 March 2007

Are those glasses real or for fashion Miss?

Me: They are real prescription lenses...

Student: Oh, do you usually were contacts?

Me: NO, I'm far to squeamish to put my fingers into my eyes!

Student: How comes I've never seen you in glasses then?

Me: Mmm, well, I don't really wear them unless I'm tired...

Student: So, you have paid for glasses that you never wear Miss?

Me: Yes, I guess I have.

Student: How much do teachers get paid Miss?

Me: Not enough for this!


I don't wear my glasses nearly as much as I should, in fact I have two pairs, each spending most of the time in their cases. I only tend to wear them when I feel incredibly tired and my eyes are looking puffy.
In addition to the conversation above I received two-pence worth of advice from several students on why I should wear my glasses and I have said that I'll make a concerted effort to wear them as advised by my Optician.
So what does this have to do with my hair? Not a lot really except that I was reminded of the conversation when uploading this picture of my bad hair day! Overworked, tired and running late; I resorted to my old habit and pulled my hair back. No pretty hairtie, no ornamental flowers, no beads, no nothing, just back in a ponytail and out the door.
Not awful, but definitely not good...

10 comments:

MEE said...

Jen has some glasses that look pretty much like those. Hers are prescriptions. They make you look extra studious!!

Goodnapps said...

Are you kidding me? This is a great photo. I can see those beautiful roots loud and clear and your locks are definitely getting thicker. Fab.

Jena Evans said...

Beautiful smile nonetheless...

blessings~

Tafari said...

I too wear glasses but not really. most times I do not feel like being bothered. I notice that when I do wear them people tell me that I look really serious in them. I don't know what that means

CarmenNC said...

I wear perscription safety glasses at work. After my safety shields couldn't be taped on them any more I started wearing the plastic safety glasses. They were awful so I went to get new side shields. Well, they didn't have any for my glasses. I got an eye exam and got a new pair. After seeing the difference in how a stop sign looks with and without the glasses, I bought a pair for everyday wear. Still I only wear them while driving.

Mel said...

Maryee, I always feel extra clever when I wear my glasses!

Goodnapps, Thank You! It's all Picasa; crop the pic add a bit of glow, then sepia and bob's your uncle! I can't believe the difference in my roots, it's exciting!

Thanks Jen!

Bygbaby, when I was younger (much younger!) and my friends wore glasses, I always wanted some. Now I have them I never bother to wear them. I know that in the long run this attitude will do me more harm than good.

Carmen, sounds like you wear yours far more than I do mine! And prescription safety glasses...

Anonymous said...

I have a pair that I never wear too. I want to though, but I haven't been able to find them after I moved!

Your frames are cute on you.

Mel said...

Oh no Brunsli, no doubt they'll turn up in the last box you unpack!

And thanks for the compliment! I must confess that I haven't worn them since that day...

Abena Abena said...

You look really good in these glasses.

Mel said...

Thanks so much Chosen Vessel :-)