Thursday 15 March 2007

Threading in America?


With reference to my eyebrows, Alvina sent me an e-mail:

Hey Mel,

I was reading your blog and I saw where you got your eyebrows threaded. What exactly is that and do you think we have that in America?? Your eyebrows look awesome. By the way, you hair is too cute and who would have thought to roll it with pens. I love it.

Alvina

Wikipedia says: "Threading is an ancient method of hair removal that is still used in parts of the Middle and Far East. Thin, twisted cotton threads are rolled over untidy hairlines, mustaches and so on, plucking the offending hair..."

I know threading is available in America but wasn't able to tell Alvina where. As she is a member of Lockitup, I posted a request for locations there. If any of you are able to point her in the right direction, please let me know.

And thanks for the compliments Alvina :-)

*Update*

From the feedback in Lockitup, Threading is available in:

Dublin, CA
Southern California - a chain called 'Ziba'
Indiana
Michigan
New York
Yuba City, California

Hope this helps...

2 comments:

CarmenNC said...

I have a co-worker from Persia and she's been itching to thread my moustach. I keep telling her that I can't thread because I'm getting laser hair surgery.

Mel said...

Don't get me started on people trying to thread hair on lips! ( I have a post on it in the December 06 archive)