Tuesday 24 April 2007

You're lucky I'm Sisterlocked!


I was at the gym today, happily working out on my favourite machine; I'd been on it for about five minutes when I felt a trickle of sweat on my scalp. I felt it again, this time a lot more; I touched my hair and then looked up at the ceiling, thinking there must be a leak in the roof. It happened once more before I realised what it was; one of my colleagues from work, who goes to the same gym, was standing behind me and pouring water onto my head! Of course I had a few choice words to say, but what struck me was that had this occurred in my pre-SL days, I would have drop kicked him (not that I'm a violent person, but it would have been "my hair!"); instead, I just kept on stepping...

6 comments:

Aya said...

Too funny!!!!!([: I heard that. I'm sure everyone reading this post can relate. Thank God for sisterlocks.

Goodnapps said...

OMG - he IS very lucky you got Sisterlocks. The nerve of him.

Abena Abena said...

(((((LAUGHS))))) I know what you mean Sis, not only do you have the freedom now to not have to worry about your hair getting wet but your co-worker was fortunate to not get a swift kick in the butt, because you know how we were about our hair before we got locks, "you did not mess with the hair!" Cute post!

N'Drea ~ the Storyteller said...

LOL! A lucky im did lucky. If a did eva one Jamaican ooman im did do dat to, mi woulda sorry fi im. Good going, though. And thank God for Sisterlocks.

Anonymous said...

Just hilarous, thanks for making my day. When I read this I just laughed out loud. I would of thought the same way in my relaxed days. Your hair is coming along beautifully.

So funny,

Sonia

Mel said...

It is because of my hair that I too can laugh about this.
I have informed Waterboy of the fact that you all agree he should have received a 'good slap'. He has been very humble at work!