Thursday 4 October 2007

Frustrated


As much as I love my hair, there is something (actually lots of little somethings) that is driving me mad. There are follicles, which are highly visible everywhere. Not only can I see them, others can aswell; I know this because people have mentioned them. Until I explain what they are, I'm certain that they think my hair is dirty. The temptation to get the scissors out again is becoming stronger; but it does seem as though removing them will be a very delicate operation. I'm sure (ok, I hope) that I'm not the only person with this issue; so what do you do to get rid of yours?
I'm not sure how clear things are in this picture (I know they are there!)...

7 comments:

brunsli said...

I will write a post for you soon about what I did with mine. Here's a hint ... snip snip snip!

V @ Locks-N-Motion said...

I'm not sure what most people use. However I heard that some people use tweezers to get rid of lint so maybe the tweezers will help without you having to cut your hair. HTH

muslimahlocs said...

i get them seasonally. i had a friend who was able to minimize hers by using a sheen spray on REALLY MATURE LOCKS. if you snip them you have to be really careful not to snip the lock or it may weaken and subsequently break off.

Naturally Sophia said...

I have them too. I fretted over them at first but then said the heck with it. I like organic locs anyway. To cover the lint though, I read a book called Nice Dreads that stated you could cover embedded lint with a permanent marker matching your hair color. It can't be any different than dye, right?

Anonymous said...

My boyfriend saw these in my hair as well and I wondered what I could do about them. I think I'm just going to let them be.....

The sheen spray Muslimahlocs mentioned also sounds good.

blackrussian said...

I have them too and was a little freaked out the first time. It was like dandruff from hell! But I have also decided to let them be, they aren't TERRIBLY noticeable unless I am doing a close inspection and no one else has mentioned them, so I don't think I'm just in denial.

Maryee said...

I spent last weekend snipping them out of Jen's hair. I have a few here and there and they are most noticeable after a shampoo. They are quite irritating the to say the least. I like Brunsli's idea of the Sharpie!!! I shall try it.