Tuesday 23 October 2007

Sunday Styling II


My Sunday styling didn't quite go according to plan this week. It had been my intention to set my hair on Soft Spikes after washing and I actually gave it a good try. The trouble was that my locks wouldn't stay on the curlers; each time I thought I had a curl set, it would unravel. Now I have thought about this and my conclusion is that my hair was too wet (and possibly suffering from a little shrinkage). I think that at the length my hair is currently, my best bet is to put the Soft Spikes in while my hair is dry and then to give them a light spritz with water to help them set.
So this week's styling option has been the ....erm...very little styling option...otherwise known as the freestyle. I have been enhancing this look with hairbands and hairties; speaking of hairties, I have two new ones that I have to share with you soon.

6 comments:

brunsli said...

My hair setting didn't work out for me this weekend either. I was trying to twist it and close them with rubberbands.

When you use the SS's, do you anchor the ends under the first rotation of hair? (I hope that makes sense!)

Anonymous said...

You'll get it just keep tryin! Let us know how it goes when you hair is dry..

I'm still trying to do a braid-out but I'm just soooo lazy!

Aya said...

I think your freestyle looks rather cute on you. It's the style I wear the most.

N'Drea ~ the Storyteller said...

More hair ties??? And me with nary a one. Aaarrrgggh!

Anyway, I agree with Aya on both counts.

More hair ties???

Sogolocs said...

Hey Mel, try some paper ends. My hair is shorter than yours and I was able to set with the SS's . I also allowed my hair to air dry about 45 minutes are so. Try it again with the paper ends. I had trouble without the paper ends too.

Keep trying....

Anonymous said...

like brunsli said - it's important to anchor the bottom of the locks before rolling. Also, perhaps you are trying to fit too many locks on one roller.