Monday 15 October 2007

Sunday Styling


As I promised (myself), I made a bit more of an effort with my styling after washing my hair last night. Once I removed the bands (no braiding for me) and separated the locks, I canerowed my hair back - about 8 I think - and secured each one with a small hairband. This morning I took them out and that was it, my hair was done. Ok, ok, I styled the crinkled locks a bit by running my fingers through them, but it really was simple to do.
I don't mean to sound weird but, I looked at my hair today and was so very pleased with my decision to lock.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Mel,

Your hair looks great. I mentioned in a previous post that I just found your blog last weekend via Brunsli's. I don't have SLs yet but the more I see the more I like.
I noticed you refer to "canerows" quite a bit. We US Southerners (Virginia in the house, lol) refer to them as "cornrows". I was always told they're called that because they literally look like "rows of corn". Is "canerows" a reference to how sugarcane grows? Please educate an American (and self-professed Anglophile!)Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Very Nice!!!! I think I may try that after I wash my hair and see how it turns out. I need to start with the easy stuff and work my way up....

Mel said...

Thanks Mochasiren! I think you are right about where the term canerow comes from. I'm thinking it has come across from the carribean - maybe I should ask N'drea what she calls them.
Keep us up to speed with your SL decision...

Meikmeika Thank You! It really is an easy place to start and won't take up too much of your time.

brunsli said...

Weird? After years of relaxing, I guess being happy with one's hair could be kinda weird.

Aya said...

You have many reasons to be pleased. Your hair looks great Mel!