Wednesday 19 December 2007

One Year!


Wow, I can't believe it's been a year already. And goodness, how my hair has changed; making this compilation has allowed me to really see the changes that have occurred.

  1. The very last bit of hair to be put into the SL patern
  2. Day 2, my first attempt at a braidout.

  3. Week 1 and it's a ponytail for me.

  4. Week 1, how thin my locks were back in the day!

  5. Week 1, lots of length but lots of perm.

  6. Month 1, I loved those two bunches!

  7. Month 2, my first twistout

  8. Month 3, another twistout - I loved the wave this styling option gave my hair.

  9. Month 4, the difference between my two hair textures is becoming more apparent.

  10. Month 5, half of my relaxed length has been chopped off.

  11. Month 6, shorter hair and back to the braidout.

  12. Month 7, the locks are really filling out now.

  13. Month 8, all of the relaxed ends are gone!

  14. Month 9, first time tightening my ow hair.

  15. Month 10, Freshly washed and freestyling.

  16. Month 11, lovely and thick, with a bit more length.

11 comments:

V @ Locks-N-Motion said...

Happy Lockversary! Your Sisterlocks look great! It has really changed over the years. Congrats!

Anonymous said...

Happy lockversary! I think they have come on leaps and bounds since you cut out the relaxer. it has given them much more body and they have lost the stringy look. You`ll now start to see a big difference in the growth.

Lakia said...

Congrats on making it to year 1. You can really see the progression in the photos.

N'Drea ~ the Storyteller said...

Hip, hip, HOORAAAAAAAY!!!

Congrats on reaching the BIG ONE! What a journey, huh? And look at your hair now, compared to those early days. Your hair has been doing so well. Imagine what 2008 will bring.

My BIG ONE is 6 days away. :)

BlessedGemLady said...

Mel, what a difference a year makes for sure, especially when it comes to SLs. Congratulations!! Isn't it hard to believe that it's been a year, but how exciting too! Hard to believe that it will still get better than this, but I know it will and I look forward to keeping up with your progress in 2008.

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your lockversary! I just came across your site and I love it. I just became loc'd on Dec 18, 2007 so I'm a newbie to the family and still navigating the blogs. You all are such an inspiration to me!
Have a happy holiday in London!
Peace,
Wendi
http://journey250.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Happy Lockversary!!! Your Sisterlocks have progressed tremendously since the relaxed ends were cut. Your locks are looking great!!! You will definitely be joining the big hair club.

Mel said...

Thank you all so much!

Goodnapps said...

It's been a year already??? OMG.

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY MEL!! Your hair has grown so much and looks amazing.

Anonymous said...

Happy lockversary!

Your hair has really changed a lot. :) You look great, but you already know that. ;)

Maryee said...

Happy Locversary Mel!!! Looking good!