Friday 8 December 2006

Thank everything it's Friday



It's been one of those weeks where I've willed the weekend to arrive. Work has been hectic, the weather's been bad and I don't think I've had enough sleep. At lunchtime we make the decision to go out for a drink after work - we deserve it after all! Sitting in the pub, sipping a glass of wine and chilling, I reflect on what a fantastic bunch of people I work with.

Five of us joined the faculty in Sept. '05 which meant it doubled in size; this could have been problematic as at the very least we might not have got on! This wasn't the case and since then we have shared highs, lows and even managed to fit in a surfing trip.

The friends I have in my faculty are magnificent teachers, artists and technicians. I share with them a passion for the Performing Arts and a desire to bring it to the hearts of young people. So, whilst I am truly, truly thankful that it is Friday, I remember that there are many people for whom work is just that.
















No comments: