Tuesday 23 January 2007

How did I forget?

My goodness, 19th Jan was my one month SL anniversary! How did I forget it? Oh yes, I jumped on a plane to Dublin - perhaps that could be considered my anniversary gift, YES, I think I like the sound of that!
Seriously, time has really flown by and I have enjoyed just about all of it (itchy scalp and curly perm aside). Sometimes I forget what my hair was like before, as do other people. While in Dublin my friend Parks and I were discussing hair when I brought up a haircut I had last year. "Wow" she said "I'd forgotten about that. I feel like your hair has always been like this, it just suits you so much". She obviously didn't notice how much lighter I had travelled - hair product wise - compared to when we had gone surfing in the summer; I am sure that all my equipment had a case of it's own back then.
Washing my hair is less hassle, no worries with the gym, I can dance the night away without sweating out my 'do, it doesn't matter if I can't find my comb (which, incidentally, is still in my handbag!), tongs & straighteners - a thing of the past. Yes, my hair life is a whole lot easier.
I am still learning, from my own hair and from those whose hair and blogs have been an inspiration. I am under no illusion that all on this journey will be rosy; I shall embrace the hitch or two that will challenge me at some point (and if I'm still stuck I'll ask for your help!).
I have no idea what my hair will grow up in to and I think that this is possibly the most exciting part of this process. I am happy to wait and be surprised.

5 comments:

C & C said...

hey, the 19th of january was my two month anniversary! you looked like you enjoyed your trip to Dublin. thanks for sharing your pics. and i'm glad its you in all of that snow and not me....my bones were made for warm weather. even Atlanta is too cold for me, lol. peace

V @ Locks-N-Motion said...

How did you forget? Anywyas Happy 1 Month! Time sure does fly. I hope you are enjoying your journey thus far patience is always good you have so mcuh to look forward too!

Me said...

Wow Dublin...sounds like a nice way to celebrate...I guess your SLs are so much a part of you now, you don't even think about the anniversary.

KnottyAuthor said...

you're looking good and on your way....imagine,that's how your first year will be.lol!

Mel said...

Sony - Dublin was great. You're right about the SL's, I feel like I've had the forever!

Cheleskilove - Thank you. I'm catching you up!