Tuesday 16 January 2007

I've been under the weather :-(



I haven't been feeling well since the weekend, I jokingly put it down to taking my hair for a walk in the rain but it was on the cards before that. By Saturday night my weapon of choice was Ibuprofen and white rum mixed with honey & lemon - it didn't work! I woke up on Monday morning and my throat felt like it was on fire, my head was throbbing and my joints aching. Still, I made the decision to go to work, it didn't last long. I was there for just under two hours before I had to admit defeat and return home; since starting there in September '05 I hadn't had a day off sick. I spent the best part of yesterday and today in bed, giving myself time to recuperate.


I had to go out this evening as it's my sister's 18th birhday - Happy Birthday!

I did manage a new hair do - I twisted up the sides of my hair and pinned the twists at the sides, the back was left to hang down. You can really see the parts at the sides with my hair like this; I think this is the first time since having my hair done that I have left the house with this amount of scalp exposure.







Even my eyes are feeling bad, If you look closely you'll see that one is bigger than the other!






On a separate note - I am watching a programme on Channel 4 called 'I love you. And you. And you.' It's about Polyamory - the "art" of long term, multiple, stable relationships. A bit like Polygamy but without the threat of arrest!
I just don't get it...

6 comments:

Creyole said...

Hope you get to feeling better, from looking at your hair there is no evidence of illness. You look great with your locks!

C & C said...

for someone who is feeling under the weather you sure hide it well. you and your locs look great!

in an effort to come up with some excuse to drink a likkle rum, i'll drink a drop for you, lol. i pray you the best of health. peace.

V @ Locks-N-Motion said...

You could've fooled me! (lol) I hope you get better!

Mel said...

Thank you all. It's nice to read your comments as everyone else is telling me how bad I look!

Maryee said...

Hope your feeling better! Your locks rock!!!

Mel said...

Thanks Maryee - I'm getting there...