Tuesday 30 January 2007

You got me!

Every evening I stop by my favourite blogs to see what's new; Sistalocd's new post revealed that she had been 'tagged'. This meant that she had to share five things her readers didn't already know about her. I read these new insights with great interest, only to find that at the end of the post she had tagged ME!

So I have to tell you five new facts about myself. I must admit that it has taken me a while to decide on what to share, but here goes...

  1. My maternal Grandmother, my Nan, was Irish. She was from Clonmel in the county of Tipperary. I was extremely close to my Nan and still, after nearly 19 years, miss her dearly. I was very spoilt by her, being her only grandchild in England; the others were in the States and Germany. I used to spend practically everyday at her house, after school and at weekends. I am very proud of my Irish roots and hope to trace the family I have there, which I think will be very interesting.
  2. I used to play the Cello. I gave it up when my lessons were moved to lunchtime and I thought I was missing out on something in the playground! I bitterly regret this decision especially as nearly all the teachers in my faculty play at least one instrument. They can have little impromptu 'jams' which I get to watch! One of them is a very talented musician and she is keen to reacquaint me with a Cello...
  3. I am sooooooo competitive, it can border on being unhealthy! Last year, weeks before sports day at school I issued my form with individual training schedules to ensure that they won as many events as possible. I know, according to the P.E department, it was meant to be about taking part, but what's the point in that if you don't WIN! I try not to play games with anybody too often as I have to keep going until I win, again and again and again. This is also true when on my own; I had to ban myself from playing Solitaire on my laptop as I would often still be up in the middle of the night waiting to win 'just one more game'
  4. I make a mean White Chocolate Cheesecake (even if I do say so myself!). I make it with a ginger biscuit base and have even adapted my recipe to create a (almost) low fat version. I try not to make it too often because of course I have to eat it, and low fat version or not one slice is never enough!
  5. I love to DANCE. My degree is in Performing Arts and I majored in Dance; I have a real passion for Doris Humphrey's technique, thanks to two very good teachers I had in the past. That said I LOVE all kinds of dance and will get up prance around whenever the mood takes me. Students no longer bat an eyelid at me dancing along the corridor - think 'kids from fame', the solo version.

Well there you go, five facts that you never knew about me!

And I now get the pleasure of passing the tag along...

I am going to choose...

How many am I allowed?

Maybe I'll start with three and add more...

Brenda

Leighann

and Creyole !

I look forward to reading five facts that you haven't already shared...


8 comments:

brunsli said...

Did you say cheesecake??!!

Creyole said...

Hyy, You tagged me and I can't think of five facts that have not already been shared! That must be so sad for me! I'll have to think about it cause I certainly don't want to get too personal.. :)

Abena Abena said...

Oh no you didn't say Chocolate Cheesecake---yummmmmm...

Mel said...

Brunsli, Chosen Vessel - I did say cheesecake! Only I wish I hadn't because I've been thinking about it all day...

Creyole, being new to blogging I had a lot more choice and I still found it difficult! However I'm sure you'll rise to the challenge...

Brenda said...

Oh no! At least I'm still so new to blogging that there must be 5 things no one knows. I'll have to think of things that won't be too embarassing to reveal! I expect cheesecake when I'm done!

Goodnapps said...

The cheesecake caught my eye too.

Tafari said...

that cheesecake sounds awesome. Being tagged was actually fun for me & I enjoy seeing how far it has gone (6 degrees of separation)

Mel said...

Brenda, of course I will ensure you get your cheesecake if you keep the tag going!

Goodnapps, I am just getting over the Eggnog and now I feel like I'm going to have to make cheescake!

Bygbaby, thanks for dropping by. I'm finding this tagging hilarious. I am desperately trying to keep up with it...