Tuesday 30 January 2007

My weekly treat...



I really love to wash my hair these days! I look forward to sitting down and plaiting it, putting matching little black hairbands at the ends and then planning how I'm going to style it when it's finished. I've always enjoyed the feel of water running through my hair and of course that feeling of cleanliness after the final rinse. What I've not looked forward to previously is the drying and styling.

I washed my hair yesterday evening and decided that I would twist it when it was finished. I had in my mind the look I was going for and decided that to achieve it I needed to start part way down the length of my hair, the twists should be fairly loose and that they should be quite large. Before twisting I gave my hair and scalp a good coating of Tea Tree oil spritz, which I just love. I tied my hair in my doo-rag, which incidentally is becoming too small for my hair so I will have to explore new avenues, and that was that. My hair was still quite damp at this point and I guess I should get out of the habit of washing my hair late at night. I do squeeze the excess water out of my hair and then pat it with the towel before separating it; I usually then just let it hang until I'm ready for bed. To be honest this is nothing new, as I often went to bed with wet hair pre-SL's; I was hopeless at blow drying and would become intensely bored when sitting under the hood dryer. Anyway, I took the twists out this morning and then finger combed to style. The pictures at the top were taken just after I opened the twists and the bottom ones after finger combing. I am really pleased with the results, it's a bit like a rollered do without the rollers! I don't own SoftSpikes, although I am really tempted to get some; I just don't know if I can do the sleep with them in thing. Perhaps you can help me to decide. Would I have to keep them in overnight? Are they a styling option for me so early on in the journey? If you could only take 3 hair/beauty items away with you, would they be one of them? OK, only kidding with the last one, but all opinions on SS' greatly received.

No comments: