Sunday 28 January 2007

ARSENAL 1 BOLTON 1


I was there, in the flesh!

My first trip to see Arsenal play at the new Emirates Stadium and for the first 60 minutes I thought they were going to let me down. Bolton are our bogey team and they give us a hard time every time we play them. Going 0-1 down to them after 50 minutes was difficult to watch and we then had to wait a further 28 minutes for Kolo Toure to score the equaliser. In the final 12 minutes we had a few chances to seal the deal, but it wasn't to be and we must now play them again.
Many of my friends think my only interest in football relates to Thierry Henry, but honestly this isn't the case! I got into football about seven years ago when my eldest son took it up. I figured that if I were going to watch him play every week I should at least understand what it was all about. My SO and son were already ardent Arsenal supporters so it followed that I watched the same matches as them; that was it, I was hooked. There is something about football that unites people.The World Cup last year was great for that; we even set up a huge screen at work to watch the England V Trinidad match whilst eating roti and drinking rum punch! I love to watch football and try to do so as much as possible; I won't however be travelling up to Bolton to watch the replay, I'll view it from the comfort of my sofa - come on you Gunners!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Greetings,

Glad to hear that Arsenal did not let you down. Would you be interested in publishing some articles on the team?

michelle@sportingo.com