Sunday 25 February 2007

Austria


I arrived in Vienna early last Sunday morning with very little time until my connecting flight took off. Running through an airport to catch a flight is no fun at all, especially when all of the shops are open! The view from the plane was breathtaking, with clear blue skies and the mountainous landscape.






As we approached Innsbruck and began our descent things became a little less pretty. I am not a real fan of turbulence, although I know there are people out there that find it exciting.
I can only describe this part of the flight as 'rough'. I wasn't quite clutching the armrest (other people were!), but I was relieved when we landed. And what beautiful scenery the airport had, with the tarmac surrounded by mountains.

5 comments:

Goodnapps said...

Wow!

brunsli said...

Love your travel recap!

And that photo of you in red with a red bad and the Alps behind - WOW! Just like Goodnapps said. (At least I think those are Alps.)

Mel said...

I think they're the Alps too...

Tafari said...

When I 1st read, I thought I read Australia & then was confused by the mountains LOL. The mountains make the air look so refreshing in AUSTRIA.

Mel said...

LOL! Australia would have been amazing; we tried to push for the States but it didn't happen.