Monday 26 February 2007

More Austria

By the time we arrived at our hotel everybody was shattered. On our travels we managed to 'lose' one of our party; he missed the connecting flight in Vienna (but that is a story all of it's own!). The hotel was situated on a fairly quiet street with a great view of the mountains from all angles. I really needed a power nap before exploring Innsbruck, as did the others, so we agreed to meet after a couple of hours rest.

You can imagine my disappointment when we opened the door to our room and found this...



"I'm sorry, have we checked in to a Youth Hostel?"

I understand that star ratings vary around the world, but HELLO, this didn't look 4 STAR to me.
OP got busy unpacking her case, whilst I found it increasingly difficult to keep my eyes open. Two hours later went down to reception to find several members of our group already queueing to complain. It's amazing how your fighting spirit comes back when you've had a rest, but there was no way I was staying in that room.
To be honest, I found it difficult to understand why the British Council would have booked these rooms for us in the first place. Had we been staying for a night or two I might just have held my breath; but to expect people to share a room of this size and decor for a week...
So, we shared our concerns with the receptionist and 15 minutes later we were on the move.


Unpacked, showered and feeling revived we were able to enjoy our new, bigger and brighter accommodation before heading out to soak up some Austrian culture.








5 comments:

Goodnapps said...

Oh my goodness! What a fascinating story this is turning out to be..

Brenda said...

That's really tight! And for 2 grown folks?? That's amazing!

Mel said...

It really was a fascinating trip.
Our new room was MUCH better. It was like being in two different places!

Tafari said...

That room is a hot damn mess! I would have thought it was a joke I did not see it LOL.

Mel said...

They were serious! Still, all was good in the end :-)