Sunday 4 February 2007

Here she is...


As promised, here is my niece, who was born yesterday; I went to visit her and my sister today. She is so cute and feels so light (it's such a long time since I've held a newborn!). She seemed so alert for one so young, but there were so many of us there. I think she was just keeping an eye on who was invading her space! My sister is doing well, still very sore and not very mobile. Because of the caesarean she will be in hospital for a few days.
Our visit didn't last very long as the midwife was concerned that a) there were too many of us there and b) Mother and baby needed rest.
So we left them alone under the watchful eye of the proud Father.
Aaaah...


10 comments:

brunsli said...

Oh, look at that little face!!

She's beautiful.

Creyole said...

What a beautiful sweet baby!

Brenda said...

She's a cutiepie!

Mel said...

Isn't she just! Thank you all :-)

Unknown said...

OMG she's precious...I just love babies sooo much!..(((HUGS)))
....just me...daez

C & C said...

what a cutie patootie!

Mel said...

Thank You Daez!

And Thanks for stopping by :-)

Mel said...

Locizm - LOL! she sure is.

Sis. RJQueen10 said...

Just wanted you to know I stopped by your site. Your lockitup topic about threading got me curious, so I came by to see what it is. It sounds kind of painful. Is it? your niece is beautiful. My twin sister just had my second niece 4 months ago. I am so in love with her, too. The coolest thing about having an identical twin sister is our children look like siblings. My niece looks like both of us, that is so cool.

Sis. RJQueen10

Mel said...

RJQueen, Thanks for stopping by.
I don't find threading any more painful than plucking with tweezers or waxing. In fact I think you suffer less, because it's quicker. It is also a lot more precise.
Congratulations too on your new niece!