Monday 5 February 2007

Great Locks!

After going to the hospital yesterday, I went to my Mum's house for dinner. The atmosphere there was great, my Mum had cooked up a storm and there were there people enjoying the food and each others company. Amongst then was Jen...


Jen has a fantastic set of locks which she started herself four years ago, from roughly one inch of hair. She started with twists and continues to maintain them herself.



Throughout the evening I couldn't help but notice that Jen seemed to have a 'whole load' of locks on her head! I asked her if she had ever counted them (must have been the SLer in me!) and unsurprisingly she said no. At this point I knew I would not be able to leave my Mum's without finding out how many she had. Eventually she agreed, although she really couldn't see why I needed to know and to be honest neither could I, I just did!
Two of us set about the count and the final number ... 344 (now this is approximate, because two heads are not always better than one!). Jen has combined many locks along the way as she said they were becoming weaker as her hair grew, so if I'd gotten to her a few years back the count would have been higher.









We took some comparison shots to see how far
I have to go to catch up with Jen, as you can see I'm nearly there!




3 comments:

Goodnapps said...

oh how fun, you'll be there in no time. Jen has a magnificent head of locks.

Brenda said...

Jen's locks are beautiful! And to have 344 traditionals...! Wow, that some really thick hair.

Mel said...

Goodnapps, we had a real good laugh taking those pictures. It's funny seeing my hair next to hers, mine looks like bits of string!

Brenda, I was so surprised when we counted them, because I know a lot of people with SL's have a similar number. Jen's hair is very thick, I couldn't hold it all in my hands!