Friday 9 March 2007

Canerowout...


A while back I had a bit of an incident when I plaited my hair; since then I have preferred to twist it. This is what I decided to do on Wednesday evening, having not done anything with it since my retightening at the weekend. When I took the twists out yesterday morning, nothing, yep, absolutely nothing! I couldn’t see any difference from what it had looked like the night before. What is it with my hair? Just when I think I'm beginning to understand it...

So, last night I thought I’d try something new and I set about canerowing my hair. Without much attention to the parting, I put six relatively loose, large canerows in. I turned the ends up and secured them with hairbands; then did a light spritz with Tea Tree Oil and water.

I had no real expectations for the results, having already decided that if I didn’t like it I would wash it out this evening. However, I was pleased with the way it turned out, a soft curl that started part way down the length of my hair. Turning the ends under meant the hairstyle framed my face, giving a fuller look.

3 comments:

Goodnapps said...

I've found that this journey is all about trial and error as you venture to find what works for you and what doesn't. I'm sure you are in for a lot more experiments.

brunsli said...

As usual, I agree with Goodnapps re trial & error.

A little curl can take me from "ugh" to "wow" overnight!

Mel said...

Thanks for your support - I think I may have taken my new experiment a little too far; absolutely error!