Sunday 22 April 2007

Easy like Sunday morning.

Having recently taken up jogging, I watched this year's London Marathon with keen interest. Now I'll be very honest with you, I am VERY far from being able to sustain running for 5-6 hours (about average for the Joe Bloggs marathon runner). I have managed to get myself up to about 25 minutes and this is a real achievement for me as I used to give up after about 2!

Anyway I started to watch the Elite Ladies race at about 9am and found myself really captured. According to the commentators this was the hottest London Marathon to date. Chunxiu Zhou, the winner and the first Chinese athlete to win the London Marathon, never looked as though she was under any strain. She finished the race with ease, leaving the favourite Lornah Kipligat to come in third.

Of course, having watched the race I was off to the park for a run (with stopwatch!); my SO is a keen runner, usually going everyday and he has finally convinced me that I can jog. For the past two weeks I have been alternating between going to the gym, which I still favour, and jogging. It's early days yet and a little to early for me to give a life long commitment to pounding through the streets and the park; we'll see how things go...



All of the exercise, watching and doing, left my hair needing a good wash. I'm really into my new Tresemme Vitamin C Clarifying Shampoo with Grapefruit Extract (what a mouthful, to say I mean, of course I don't eat the shampoo!) and love washing my hair with it. I don't love all the plaiting and banding that goes with hair washing and sometimes (only sometimes) don't do it; I do however still plait my hair and tuck the plaits in, so far I have not had any issues with this. This pic was taken after I'd washed my hair; I was tempted to leave it like this to dry, but then worried I might get that dodgy tight curl I had a while back. So I took the plaits out and having separated each lock, put my hair into medium sized canerows.

No comments: