Friday 27 April 2007

It all went to my head


Yesterday the chaos of the week really caught up with me. Whilst teaching my second lesson, I found myself in the onset of a migraine; I used to suffer really badly from them, but over the years had managed to get things under control. This one took me by surprise and I was in no position to do anything about, I couldn't leave the students alone and I was starting to feel quite nauseous. Then, one of my older students was walking past and looked in through the door; he must of noticed that I was looking a little 'rough' as he came in to see if I was OK. He left the room and returned shortly afterwards, having bought me a bottle of water from the canteen and with painkillers he had got from another teacher; I was most appreciative of this act of kindness. I really didn't feel any better as the day progressed and went to bed as soon as I got home, not getting up until my alarm woke me this morning.
The extended sleep did me well, I felt much better and ready for the day ahead. And what a busy day it was, as well as teaching, I had to visit another school to see a play, rehearse for next week's dance show, sit it on auditions for next year's 'big' production, speak to travel company about forthcoming trip to Italy, invigilate an exam and this was all before lunchtime! Well it wasn't really, but the day was very intense; we didn't leave until 6pm when one of the caretakers came and asked us to leave so that he could lock up!

No comments: