Wednesday 13 June 2007

Darn that pollen!

I'm really suffering with hayfever at the moment; it's making me want rain to fall just to ease the pollen count. About 6 years ago, I stopped taking hayfever medication; someone told me the tablets could cause a heart murmur. Now, I didn't research this claim, nor did I talk to my doctor; I just decided that I would stop taking them. The first two summers were awful, it was like I'd been struck with flu; then, everything seemed to get better. But this year, I need help! I gave in and bought some tablets at the chemist last week and they haven't made much difference. My eyes are sooo puffy, I look as if I have been attacked; I have to blow my nose so often, all the skin around it is peeling.
I have heard that honey from local bees is a good thing to take; I'm going to have to visit a farmers market to try and get some.
Any other suggestions gratefully received...

2 comments:

CarmenNC said...

I hope you are doing much better.

Anonymous said...

I`ve read that if you put vaseline inside your nose, just a bit mind, then it should stop the pollen going up there. Also vaseline is good around the nose before you go to bed to stop the skin peeling , when you are having to blow your nose alot.