Thursday 31 May 2007

My Personal Trainer

My jogging is really coming along now and I'm proud of the fact that I've been going regularly a few times a week since starting about two months ago. I'm still running for about twenty five minutes, but my speed has picked up so I'm covering more distance. Impressed by my commitment my SO bought me this little gadget and a new pair of trainers. The little 'personal trainer' fits into a slot in the base of the shoe and connects wirelessly to an iPod Nano (I don't have my own so at the moment I have to use my son's - if I continue to show determination maybe I'll get an iPod!). As I run details of my progress are tracked including distance covered, average speed and calories burned. You can get updates as you are running and when you reach certain milestones you get congratulatory messages - I had Lance Armstrong inform me that I'd done my furthest run today! Once the workout is complete I connect the iPod to my laptop and the details are stored in my account at the Nike Plus website. The site also has leaderboards, I haven't quite made it into any of the Top Tens but I'm working on it...

4 comments:

blackrussian said...

That is SO COOL!...What will they think of next?

CarmenNC said...

When I got my Nike Shox for walking I thought I was in one of those commercials where they guy says to the other person, "What's this place?" And one says, "I don't know, I've never been this far." Come to find out I was walking better/faster because of my iron pills. Before my muscles weren't getting enough oxygen and would start burning.

Jena Evans said...

That is too cool...

Keep up the good work!!!

Mel said...

It is a cool concept and it appeals to my compettitive side!