Monday 25 June 2007

The new tagged


After reading her formaggio post, I jumped at the chance to have Brunsli interview me; I have taken a little while to come up with the answers but here goes...

If you had to trade in your English accent for an American accent, would you rather have a New York, Texas, or California accent? What about between a Scottish and Irish accent?

Now of course we Londoners don't really have accents, but if I could trade the way I spoke I'd like to road test a New York accent and order my coffee like Danny Messer from CSI:NY.
I am actually really good at accents and the Irish is one of my best (and not just because I'm a little bit Irish); it's also one of my favourites to listen to, so I'd opt for that over Scottish.

What do you think of the new Whole Foods? (It made the LA Times!)

I'm going to have to come back to this one as I haven't made it to Whole Foods yet. Whilst it isn't on the other side of the river, it's not quite local and my weekends have been taken up with work. I was also a little worried by the fact that little birds told me I might not have any money left after going there, so I'm going to wait for payday!

Which is better, blue or green, and why?

Definitely Blue!
Besides the fact that blue reminds me off the sky and the sea, I had an odd History teacher at secondary school. She had red hair and was under the impression that green was her colour. The trouble was she over did it, in a really scary way - clothes, nails, eyeshadow, everything. She was enough to put me off the colour.

If you didn't live in England, which European country would you rather live in? Which US state?

Italy! I love it there; the people, the food, the style, the scenery, the vino, I know I've said food but, the Ice Cream!!! I would try to tame all of the drivers though; I have had several close shaves with cars and mopeds whilst trying to cross the road there.
I will be back in Italy very soon; I have organised a school trip to the Lake Garda region. I can't wait...
If I moved to the States, I'd want to be somewhere with lots of sunshine; a change from the schizophrenic weather we have here. Maybe Southern California, as it never rains there (at least that's what Tony Toni Tone said and I so believed them!).

If you were a dog, would you rather be a Maltese (like Marcello, Chicco and Cooper), a Yorkie (like Mr. Nicolay Phonte), or a white German Shepard (like Mystic and Zwele) and why?

I think I'd be going for walks with Mystic and Zwele; Maltese and Yorkies are adorable but German Shepards have a bit more Grrrr.
If I could add my own to this list of choices, I'd be a Silver-Grey Doberman like Tyson, one of the dogs I had whilst growing up.

I am more than happy to keep this going by setting five questions for three of you; let me know if you want to play...

7 comments:

brunsli said...

Interesting answers!

LOL at no accents in London!

Whole Foods is fun, but yes, there's a reason we call it "Whole Paycheck."

Your teacher sounds terrifying. I love Italy too, though I'm more likely to live 10 minutes over the border in Ticino. Yes, it rains in the Southland, but only 15 inches a year, 14 of which surely are in February.

No comment re doggies, though I have been asking Breadfruit if we can get a doberman (no).

CarmenNC said...

Why wasn't pitbull/boxer like Ciara an option? HAHAHAHAHA. If I could bottle her energy, I'd be one rich, hyper young woman.

blackrussian said...

I would like to play. It's much easier to answer interview questions than to think of random facts and there's that exciting element of the unknown.

Cute answers!

I always have a fake accent that lingers for an hour or so after I've been watching a British or Irish movie, and the lingo sticks with me for a few days after I've just read a book.

I want to live in Italy! Or Greece. Or the South of France. I have had a fascination with all things Mediterranean for as long as I can remember. I am going to live there one day. I am SERIOUSLY planning a trip for next year...Saving my pennies by NOT shopping at Whole Paycheck.

Ha! That's funny, I hadn't heard it, so true.

But the thing is you CAN fill up on samples if you are so inclined. I haven't been to Italy yet, so I haven't had REAL Italian ice cream, but when you DO visit Whole Foods, be sure and stop by the bakery section and sample the gelato. I think it's divine!

muslimahlocs said...

hahaha. we californians totally don't have accents either.
me, i'd have to pick france. i was born to live in paris at some point in my life, God-willing. but then with the new prez and that old scarf controversy i may have to rethink that one or just wait a while.
and yes, ttt were correct at least 99.9% of the time...it never rains in socal (a little native lingo that you might find useful in case you decide to join us).

Mel said...

Brunsli, Thanks for the questions!
Ticino - Switzerland? I've been to Switzerland twice(both a long time ago), it is very beautiful(and clean as I recall) there.

Sorry Carmen, you and Ciara are going to have to take it up with Brunsli!

Muslimah, you are quite right. There are some real issues with French President and the treatment of ethnic minorities in France.

Hey Blackrussian, here are your questions...

1) If you could choose, whose face/s would appear on $bills and why? Would you have a different face on each denomination and if so, how would you decide which one they should be on?

2) If you were a flower, which one would you be and why?

3) You pull up outside your High School Reunion at the same time as a girl you never really got on with; you step out of your cars at the same time and are wearing the same outfit. What do you do?

4) Which three items in your house could you not live without and why?

5) You are throwing a dinner party and can invite 5 people(alive or dead), who are they and why? What is on the menu?

still waters said...

If this offer is still open I am up for some questions Mel(:

one love still

Mel said...

Hey Still,

Of course! Here are your questions...

1) Which 3 things should everybody do when visiting Jamaica for the first time and why?

2) You are offered an all expenses paid holiday to visit any 5 locations in the world. Where do you go and why?

3) Which film is guaranteed to bring tears to your eyes, no matter how many times you watch it?

4) What are your top 5, all time favourite songs and why?

5) Which would you choose, Bun and Cheese or Bulla Cake? Why?

Mel :-)