Tuesday 26 June 2007

Not spotted!

I was rehearsing with some students at work today, when I saw an old friend at the door. Her daughter starts at my school in September and they were in for an introductory meeting. I ran out into the corridor and immediately spotted her hair:


Me: Ooh, your hair
Her: They're Sisterlocks
Me: I know
Her: (nothing)
Her: (nothing)
Me: (waiting)
Her: (nothing)
Me: (still waiting)
Her: (still nothing)
Me: I've got them to!

As we continued chatting and catching up with each other, I found myself really put out by the fact that she didn't recognise my hair. Lately I have been thinking that my hair is looking more and more locked; am I wrong?













(Maybe she was distracted by the fact I have a huge spot on my forehead!)

10 comments:

Cluizel said...

I had that happen to me! I can't even lie...I was salty (pissed) for a good while about that.

It will change soon! :)

Goodnapps said...

Yep, I've had that experience too.
I recognized a fellow sisterlockser locks and she asked me not once but twice if I needed my hair done too. My locks were just under a year old when that happened.

When you do get your SL recognition, it will make it all the more sweeter.

brunsli said...

She was just a big ol' meanie.

Don't fret. It took a long time for people to recognize my hair -- a few women have even told me my braids looked like they needed re-doing!

Well, I showed them, didn't I? :P

Unknown said...

Challenges and all, the McDonald's lady (not that I ever go there, ahem) and the grocery store checkout lady always comment and know that I have sisterlocks. :) It think the permed ends are throwing them off a a bit, maybe.

Anonymous said...

Hey Mel,

I would have caught your sisterlocks and I don't have mine yet! Don't fret.

brunsli said...

What?! The last part of my comment got cut off. I didn't mean to sound so self centered. It said something like:

Hang in there, you will show them too! :)

Mel said...

Thanks so much ladies, your comments have made me feel better.

Cluizel, I'm not gonna lie either! I was reeling for a long time afterwards.

Goodnapps, Ive seen pics of your hair from the beginning and don't understand how she didn't recognise it as being SL'd.

Brunsli, LOL at your second comment! I didn't read the first one in that way :-)

Mmm Sunsail, you could be right...

Dstdiva, thanks for dropping by and for the encouragement. When do you get your SL's installed?

N'Drea ~ the Storyteller said...

Hush mi dear. Nuh tek it to 'eart.

Not being biased, but I think your hair is looking more and more "lockish". But I understand how you felt.

V @ Locks-N-Motion said...

Well they look like Sisterlocks to me. Just be patient it will be a time when people will recognize you everytime you go out!

Mel said...

N'drea and Sistalocd, Thanks for the encouragement!