Thursday 19 July 2007

7 Months!

Wow, it's doesn't seem that long ago that I was posting about reaching 6 months. Apart from some growth and of course the bunching, there hasn't been much change in my hair; I think the locks are as thick as they are going to be. There has been a lot of change since Day 1 though, here are a few comparison shots.



Picture 1 was taken on the second day of my installation - Oh my, was I tired!
Picture 2 is at about 3 months - I had started to see a change in my hair and my styling method of choice was the twistout.
Picture 3 is taken at 5 months - My hair is a little thicker and I had become a little lazy; I usually just let my hair do it's own thing.
The last picture is at 7 months and of course by this time some of my relaxed ends had been cut off. I made a bit of an effort with styling; I put my hair in two french plaits on Monday night and there is still a bit of curl left.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your locks are thickening up nicely! It seems as though the scalp fills in and the locks thicken up within the first year or even two.

I also think once all your permed ends are gone you'll notice alot more changes.

Goodnapps said...

Very lovely progression. My time is really flying.

Helga said...

Ya, I also thought that my locks were as thick as they would get around 7 months too. I was looking over pictures of my first year last night and was amazed by the change in the size of my locks during the last three months (9-12). At this point, I am only certain that I can't guess what my hair will look like by Christmas.

Keep enjoying the ride, your hair look fab-u-lous!

muslimahlocs said...

your hair looks great. so when are you going to cut off the rest of the permed ends?

Mel said...

Thank You Meikmeika! I have never really suffered from 'scalpiness' - is that a word? - although I had prepared myself for it.

Thanks Goodnapps! I do feel like things are moving quickly.

Hey Helga, Thanks for the compliment. So, my locks might get thicker...
That's good to hear because a few of them are on the thin side.

Thank You Muslimah!

N'Drea ~ the Storyteller said...

Congrats! Your locks have been progressing beautifully