Saturday 14 July 2007

Fair Verona

Most of our last day was spent in Verona; we walked about taking in the beautiful Italian architecture. A little time and a little money was spent in the designer shops and of course we stopped for some ice-cream. We than headed to the place we had all been looking forward to seeing, Juliet's House.







The small passageway that leads to Juliet's balcony is covered with messages of love left by those who have visited; of course I left one of my own. It was a little gross to see that some people had left their message s on chewing gum!






All of the students were really excited to see the balcony and quickly got engrossed in conversations about what had happened to her and Romeo.











I joined the crowd waiting to have their pictures taken with the statue. Men are meant to touch her right breast and make a wish and women are meant to touch her arm.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was just watching Romeo and Juliet the other day...sigh...How Romantic....

BlackButterfly said...

I love reading about your adventures. You take some really beautiful pictures as well.

Aya said...

How exciting it must for you to see so many beautiful places. I enjoyed the pictures. Continue exploring and having fun.

Mel said...

I am intending to watch the film again myself!

Hey Ebony, thanks for dropping by! I have really gotten in to taking pictures and sometimes they are not of myself!

Aya, it was a wonderful break and most of the time it didn't even feel like I was working.