Sunday 15 July 2007

Issues


I had my hair tightened yesterday and my hairdresser immediately noticed the little (big to me) problem that has been getting worse lately. My hair has started to bunch a lot at the back; I have done my best to try and straighten them out especially after washing, but it would seem to no avail. So as she tightened she grappled with the mess at the ends and said she would cut the rest of the relaxer out at my next appointment. I don't have this issue at the sides or the front, so I'm guessing it's because the texture of my hair is different at the back. I tried to take a picture to make my troubles clearer but it's not so good! I know lots of you have had similar problems so I will be going through your archives with a fine toothed comb...

4 comments:

Jena Evans said...

Bless your heart... Check out Creyole's blog... Sending warm and non-bunching thoughts...

Aya said...

Dear Mel, I'm with Jena Evans who said "Bless you heart". As you know from reading my own blog, I've had my share of problems as well. I believe strongly that this will only be temporary. Is the bunching occurring from just the permed ends? If so, cutting off those ends should cure the problem. Blessings to you.

blackrussian said...

Sorry, I don't have any specific advice about bunching, I don't remember what anyone said they did about it. I think Aya is right that it should be somewhat better after your relaxed ends go.

Although I'm sure it will be hard to part with the extra length, I think you will be happier overall. That seems to be the concensus. People frequently post about wondering why they didn't let go of their relaxed ends sooner.

I understand, though, you know I was just talking about wanting more length of my own. Thanks for visiting me, and I didn't forget your interview. I've just been very busy.

I'm subscribed to so many blogs now, sometimes I spend all of my intenet time allowance reading and commenting and don't finish my own posts.

I enjoyed your posts from abroad.

Take care,

BR

Mel said...

Thanks guys, I appreciate your kind comments.

Aya, as far as I can tell and from what my hairdresser said, the relaxed ends are no longer getting on with my natural hair!

BR, I am not too worried about the loss of length as it is summertime (although it hasn't quite started here!) and I love short hair in the sun; my appointment is in about 4 weeks, so not too long to wait...