Monday 2 July 2007

A whole lot of money missing from my purse!


I finally made it to the new Whole Foods in Kensington yesterday; I returned home having spent at least four times as much as I had intended to! I wouldn't have minded so much, but I didn't even get the jojoba oil I went in there for. It's quite a big shop and it was heaving with people; I didn't know where to start and then I didn't know when to stop (aah, that's why I spent so much). I went in there with my sons, who were just as excited as I was; my youngest declared that we should shop there at least once a month! We picked up a lot of nice food and even made our own peanut butter. I'll definitely go back; at the very least to see the bits I missed, but probably to sit in there and have a meal.

6 comments:

Goodnapps said...

Well, the important thing is, sounds like it was worth it.

muslimahlocs said...

ummm...yeah, whole foods will really put a dent in your budget. they have everything that you want/need and even lots of stuff that you never knew you wanted/needed but now have to have. glad you enjoyed yourself. where is the shop from the high street ken tube stop?

still waters said...

I love that store so I relate, get into trouble everytime I go into a Whole foods(:

one love still

Anonymous said...

I was surprised to see you in there! The place really is big and full of so many wonderful foods. Im sure at one point I started to feel dizzy...lol!

Mel said...

Goodnapps, it was worth it - for sure.

Muslimah, do you know the Barkers Building? It's in there. Turn right ou of High St. Ken. tube and then a 5 min walk.

Still Waters, do you have one in Jamaica?

Oh yes Nkoyo, I felt dizzy too by the end (and that was before I got the bill!).

muslimahlocs said...

hi mel. not sure why my last comment was not saved. anyway, yes i know the area. i stayed at a convent near that station with a friend during a study abroad program.