Thursday 2 August 2007

A little can go a long way


I was really inspired by Brunsli's Thank You post and the information she gave about the organisation Kiva; so much so, that I immediately signed up to be a lender. The hardest thing for me was trying to decide who to help, although I knew I wanted to help women. In the end I chose two women who were very near raising their requested loan and I made up the difference.
Do have a look at the website and see what you think; if you are moved to help, there are many, many people who would benefit greatly.

2 comments:

muslimahlocs said...

may Allah reward you for your generosity and God-willing, for inspiring others to do the same.

brunsli said...

Fantastic!

One of the entrepreneurs I loaned to already started repaying! I can't wait to get the money back so I can lend it to someone else.