Wednesday 1 August 2007

Second time around

In preparation for a family celebration at the weekend, I decided to give the soft spikes another try. I think I'm going to wear my hair up in a hairtie; I figured that this would help the ends to look a little neater and give the style more volume. This time I put the curlers in whilst my hair was dry and then gave a light Tea Tree Oil spritz when I'd finished. I found it quite hard to put them in this time due to the length of my hair; when I'd finished there were lots of stray locks poking out all over my head, which I had to re-roll. As soon as I took the curlers out this morning I knew I'd like the results more than the last time; the curls were a lot softer and easier to loosen and style. I'll probably set my hair again on Friday night to ensure that the curls are fresh for my up-do and to make sure that there are no stray locks!


(I tried to manipulate the picture to make my hair clearer; I might have gone a little too far!)

10 comments:

blackrussian said...

Very cute.

Why is it so hard to get good pics sometimes?

I set my hair on Carusos about a month ago and my curls were gorgeous in person, but I couldn't prove it by the pictures. That was a disappointment.

I always forget to use the b&w and sepia on my camera!

blackrussian said...

Oh...and have FUN!

muslimahlocs said...

your hair looks great. i love the loose curls.

Goodnapps said...

Very cute indeed. I love the volume.

Mel said...

BR, I take so many pictures each time and then spend ages deciding which to post(any that I don't really want, I delete).
I use Picasa to manipulate the photos.

Muslimah, I love the loose curls too and they withstood the sunshine(finally!) we had today.

Mel said...

Goodnapps, we must have been typing at the same time! Thank You, I have always loved big hair but never had it. All change now...

Anonymous said...

The curls give your hair nice volume.. Can't wait to see the updo!!!!

You guys inspire me to style my hair!

Mel said...

Thanks Meikmeika!

V @ Locks-N-Motion said...

Hey Mel your hair looks great. I got great advice from your your blog previously about soft spikes that I too rolled my hair up dry and the curls turned out great. However I still haven't posted them yet.

Mel said...

Thanks Sistalocd! I found the tips useful too. Please post your pics!!!