Tuesday 31 July 2007

My first 5k run!


Remember my trainers? Well I have been killing two birds with one stone recently and running on the treadmill at the gym with them.
Today I recorded my first 5K run and I was ecstatic; it took me just under 31 minutes. I was really proud of myself and rushed home to link to the NikePlus website to record my new achievement.
And wouldn't you know, some woman, somewhere in the world, has recorded a 5K run of just under 17 minutes! What! Was is steroid enhanced? Is that natural? Worst still, is that normal and am I really slow?
Oh gosh, I can feel my competitive side coming through...

7 comments:

Goodnapps said...

I see this is quite a popular hobby among SL wearers.


Congrats dear.

muslimahlocs said...

congrats on running your first 5k. quite an accomplishment. i remember my first one. it's quite a rush!

brunsli said...

Good for you!

blackrussian said...

It is popular. I feel the peer pressure...at least it;s for a positive endeavor. I've never run in my life; I'd be in trouble if I had to get away from someone. I'd be out of breath after a city block - cramps and all.

That does seem like an extremely fast time the other lady posted, but maybe a 5k is not as far as I think. I was never good at converting to metric.

Mel said...

Thank You Ladies!

BR, I never thought jogging was for me and had tried to take it up a few times before and failed miserably.
I've now been jogging since Easter; It has taken me since then to accomplish being able to run for over half an hour and in turn hitting the 5k mark.

Ms Stella said...

31 minutes is great! Now I ran a slow 5k about 5 years ago and I came in next to last in my age range. The lady that was last had a slight asthma attack near the end or she probably would have beat me.

Mel said...

Good for you for runnung in a 5K race Ms Stella. I'm not sure I'm ready for that yet; I'll keep it to the gym for now...

Thanks for stopping by :-)