Tuesday 21 August 2007

Sand, Sea and Jordan

The hotel had it's own beach a short walk (or very unnecessary shuttle bus ride) down the road, which we visited a few times. We played some football, took some pedaloes out and relaxed in the shade.
I impressed myself by swimming in the Red Sea; although I love to be in water, I usually only paddle in the sea. But, the water was so clear and so warm, I just couldn't help myself; the only thing that got me out was the salt, which became overbearing after a while.
There were some great views to take in from the shore, including this one across to Jordan.
Although we didn't go, it is possible to visit Jordan quite easily; a ferry crosses from nearby Taba Heights to Aqaba in about an hour and from there it's a two hour drive to Petra.

4 comments:

Goodnapps said...

Seems like such a fantasy. You're such a lucky girl.

Anonymous said...

WOW!!! I'm so jealous... How Beautiful...

muslimahlocs said...

jordan is on my top 10 list of travel and/or living locations. next time, go and tell me about it!

Mel said...

Mmm, I'm quite sad that I didn't get the chance to visit Jordan. If I'd been a bit moe poactive with my research before going away, I would have booked the excursion to Petra.