Monday 20 August 2007

Making a splash


We only had to step out of our rooms and we were at one of the hotel's pools (aah, the advantages of being on the ground floor!). Of course that also meant that we were in with a chance in the 'race for the sun lounger' competition - can you believe that some guests had staked their claims before 6am! What is that all about?
This pool was the quietest one - probably because it didn't have a bar at it!

My swimming is not up to much; I can do a few laps and then I am totally out of breath. I have been meaning to book myself some lessons to brush up on my technique for the longest time; I'll have to add it to my list of things to do this lifetime. Anyway, I decided to buy myself a float to take with me and spent about 40 minutes a day using it to go up and down in the pool.
I love being in the water; there is something very relaxing about it. And of course now that my hair is not an issue, I can enjoy it all the more :-)

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Too cute!! Who is that teenage girl in the pool with the glasses? You must identify these folks! And why does it seem as if brits get to vacay in the most exotic of places?? I mean, Egypt?? wow!!

Anonymous said...

Oh My Gosh!!! I haven't swam in a pool or the beach in forever and I live in Central Florida. What a shame!! You guys look like you were having so much fun!! WOOHOO!!!

N'Drea ~ the Storyteller said...

Look who a 'ave one catawampas time :)

Hmmm, I should get me a float too, lol.

I agree with Sunsail. My English cousin is quite the globetrotter too. How I envy you both. But you've also inspired me :)

Mel said...

I guess where we are positioned makes it relatively easy to travel, especially to Europe.
Although you guys get to go to exotic places too!

N'drea where is your cousin from?

N'Drea ~ the Storyteller said...

I need to confirm her present address, since we mostly communicate by e-mail now. But when I used to write to her, I think her address included Red-something, Sussex, if that helps, lol. I'll need to verify and get back to you.

N'Drea ~ the Storyteller said...

Redwood, Redbridge? Oh, I give up.