Wednesday 22 August 2007

Waterworld


We spent a day at a watersport centre, trying our hand at various activities.

The centre is situated down at Taba Heights resort, a short taxi drive from where we were staying.


My SO and I went out on a catamaran, my sister and my brave little JB went parasailing and the others went out on the banana. Whilst the other activities were fairly short, we were out on the catamaran for two hours. It was an amazing experience and I even managed to sail it! From where we were, we had an excellent view of the coastline of Jordan. Our skipper, Mahmoud, explained that it was about 15km across to Aqaba, 5km of which was international waters; if we crossed this part we'd have been in trouble!

They said it was an experience, but both JB and my sister said they'd never go parasailing again!
The others began their ride, all waves and smiles, but after about 6 minutes they were thrown quite violently into the sea. They were OK; although watching everything from the shore was really nerve wracking. They all decided that they'd had enough of watersports for the day and cancelled the waterskiing lessons they had booked for later on in the afternoon!


I'd love to do the PADI Scuba Diving course to take, but didn't think it was fair to spend 4-5 days of this family holiday doing it. Definitely on my list of things to do; this would be such a lovely place to go back to and do the course.

3 comments:

Aya said...

What an adventure you've been having in Egypt. So many things to do an explore. Makes me want to go.

muslimahlocs said...

interesting. curious...how do feel that you were treated by egyptian men? what effect, if any, do you think that your status as a tourist may have had on your treatment?

N'Drea ~ the Storyteller said...

I almost went parasailing once, but got cold feet at the last minute.

Glad y'all had a wonderful time.