Thursday 18 October 2007

Blog Idol - a meeting realised


When I made the decision to get Sisterlocks I wasn't completely sure about what I was getting myself in to. As I searched the net for more information and of course pictures, I came across these things called blogs; among them was a blog that was to become my hairpedia. In the four months leading up to my SL installation, I regularly checked in with Brunsli's Hairstory and managed to read all of the archives! I found the blog more helpful than the official SL site and the insights into the rest of her life were entertaining; along the way I asked her a few questions, which she kindly answered and I also developed my hairtie addiction.
So, when the chance to meet up with Brunsli (and Breadfruit) presented itself, I jumped at it. The rugby (come on England!) and the travel chaos it caused, prevented us from meeting in Paris, but we were able to find a solution with a new location.
I have to admit (and I didn't tell her this, so shhhhhh) that I was very nervous about meeting Brunsli; what if she didn't like my hair! However as soon as we met, my nerves quickly disappeared; she is as wonderful in real life, as she comes across in blogosphere and (I hope she agrees!) we got on very well.

5 comments:

brunsli said...

Nervous about meeting me? Too funny!

I think we had a pretty good sense of each other from the blogs and emails that we've shared over the years (okay, months).

Now, Breadfruit is the one you should have been nervous about! LOL!

Brenda said...

Isn't it great when you meet a real-life blog idol! I felt the same way when I met Brunsli. But it felt really weird when a blog fan found me at the Locks Conference. I'm glad you two got on so well. I'm looking forward to your visit to the states next year!

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy you guys met and hit it off! I would love to meet so many women that contribute to the Sisterlock Blog community. Love the pic! You guys look so cute!

Brunsli was also among the initial blogs I started reading to research Sisterlocks.

I hope I'm not bad for saying this but the Sisterlock site can be a bit confusing. I always feel like I'm searching for a needle in a hay stack when I go to that site and usually get frustrated and go to some other site or do blog searches on whatever I may be researching.

Anonymous said...

I met someone I had been emailing to do with my daughters condition and we got on really well. Like Brunsli said you do get a sense of the person from the blogs and emails. It`s been 4 years now and we still get together every now and again.

KnottyAuthor said...

wow, 2 nappy sista's walking in Europe, anything is possible! love it!