Saturday 20 October 2007

From designer treats to delicious eats


After having a fantastic lunch in Italy, we crossed the Swiss border; Brunsli and I went to a huge designer outlet shopping centre and got stuck into some retail therapy. I was amazed by the huge number of Brits there; they were literally being dropped off by the coachload. I resisted the urge to go mad with the temptation of all the % I would save and made only one (or was it two?) small purchase. We followed our shopping trip with a walk around Breadfruit's idyllic hometown in Switzerland; a real treat for a city girl like me.

We popped over to Italy again, briefly, before going to Breadfruit's Mum's house.
Signora Breadfruit is a lovely lady and she made me feel incredibly welcome in her home. We shared stories about her visits to London and my previous trips to Switzerland AND (drumroll please) she immediately recognised my hair as being the same as Brunsli's!
The evening ended with the four of us going for dinner in a wonderful restaurant, which served traditional Ticenese food. Chestnuts are a local delicacy and during the meal I tasted them in several forms, including the delicious ice-cream pictured bottom left. The region also produces a very nice red wine; a few bottles of which made it back to London.

6 comments:

N'Drea ~ the Storyteller said...

What a fantastic trip, meeting Brunsli and Breadfruit, the food, the shopping - everything! Thanks for sharing. I enjoyed it all.

brunsli said...

I love the photo of you in the top row. You have such a teacher-face!

Mel said...

N'drea, I really had a fantastic time! They are wonderful people :-)

Brunsli, I usually manage to pull that look off without laughing; it makes my students think I can be mean!

Aya said...

What a treat for you. I can hear your enjoyment in your words. Your hair in the pictures look really good.

KnottyAuthor said...

wow, how 'bout that? what a nice post. it's fun to see virtual people become real people, isnt it!

Mel said...

Thank You Aya! I had a great time :-)

Cheleski, it was real fun meeting Brunsli and breadfruit!