Sunday 21 October 2007

Look away now, if you don't like things with eight legs


We came across this "little" blighter whilst walking up a hill with beautiful views, near Breadfruit's Mum's house. Unlike me, Breadfruit is not scared of spiders, so he moved in for a closer inspection. Brunsli and I stood about twenty feet away explaining (loudly) why he shouldn't be so close to it!
We had a good look at the picture when we got in and Breadfruit worked out that it was a Wolf Spider. Although I find it difficult to look at the picture, i thought it would be rude not to share it with all of you!


(If you zoom in on the picture, you will see that it has its family on its back!)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeow, don`t even know why I looked, its so gross!

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry. I was intrigued by its size, and since Mel was the only one with a camera, I asked her to take a picture to see if those were baby spiders on its back.

Breadfruit

Anonymous said...

That is disgusting, it makes me itch even thinking about it...I dont know how Breadfruit could bare to get so close...!!

N'Drea ~ the Storyteller said...

(singing "Itsy-bitsy spider, climbing up the wall...".)

Well, not quite itsy-bitsy.

blackrussian said...

Did you see my post on the Carolina Wolf spider? This apparently is it's English cousin...I didn't know you had them over there! The scary thing is mine was in my house!!!

Naturally Sophia said...

Wow! It's cool to see it carrying it's family. It's not disgusting just a spider. i am glad it's on the outside. I woke up with a much smaller spider crawling on my sheets. Not a good look. LOL!