Wednesday 21 November 2007

The Palace, Royal Nuptials and lots of rain

I had a great time at the Palace of Westminster on Monday. The launch of the production went extremely well and our enjoyment wasn't spoilt by the erratic weather we experienced. The students were very excited by the fact that we were just across the road from the wedding anniversary celebrations of The Queen and Prince Phillip. We had to drive through the media frenzy and the students were all trying to spot the VIPs entering Westminster Abbey. Inside The Palace of Westminster, our champagne reception lunch was followed by performances from the students and speeches from MPs and our very own VIPs.
The picture in my anniversary post, was taken on the terrace of the Palace (between thunder storms!), which overlooks The River Thames.

4 comments:

Goodnapps said...

Congratulations!

How long is the production?

ja stu sisterlock journey said...

I am not a Londerer(is there such a word)hope u know what I mean(smile)but I have visted a few times so i recognize those places in the photo.Happy for you that you all had a good time.

*Coop* said...

I wonder if we were in London at the same time. :-(
Glad you had fun. Your hair looks really good. I'm so inspired!!



Coop

Mel said...

Goodnapps, the students will perform 8 shows in 5 days.

Ja Stu, we had a great day out!

Coop, I am sure we were, as I live here. You must let us Lodoners know if you are coming down again. Thanks for the compliments on my hair.