Thursday 22 November 2007

What the blazes!!!

I was driving along listening to the news headlines when I heard about this; at the time I was a little concerned. When I got home and heard the whole story, I was absolutely irate. Not only is there a possibility of my very important details falling into the wrong hands, but information about my children is also lost in transit.
Until the discs are found, millions of people are at risk of becoming the victims of identity fraud; this could happen today, tomorrow or in many years to come. I have had my credit card cloned before and it was a horrible experience. The knowledge that the loss of this personal information could result in similar situations occurring is very worrying.
Apparently I am going to receive a letter from this government department, apologising for the situation; unfortunately this will provide very little comfort.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I`ve had the letter! There is nothing we can do about it, even if I changed my current bank account I can`t change the rest of the information someone may have.

Lakia said...

Whoa! That is too scary!

Mel said...

Kathryn, I've got my letter too,
what a joke!

Lakia, yes it is scary.