Thursday 15 November 2007

The bigger picture


Anonymous recently asked what had happened to me as I haven't been blogging with my usual frequency. Let me just say that I was touched that you had noticed and had missed me, Anon. :-). I am currently very busy with my school's production, which will be launched next week at The Palace of Westminster. The picture in my previous post is of me messing around on the set of the show; a few of the characters enter into a scene through a manhole and being me, I just had to test it out (I picked up the hard hat and drill on my way, to amuse my colleagues when I emerged!). Things are going to plan with the show and as of next week my job changes slightly and I, along with my colleagues and the students, am based at the theatre. We rehearse the show in situ, finalise lights and other technical aspects and then have a dress rehearsal. The following week the students perform eight shows in five days; it is a very gruelling task, but also an amazing experience for them.
These are a few more shots taken of the set (excuse my strange looking eyes, I haven't quite mastered red eye reduction on Picasa!).
1) I am having a very important meeting (probably about where to go for lunch) with my colleague Will, who is also the show's director.
2) The bridge is being strengthened - it gets used a lot so it's vital that it's completely safe.
3) I'm relaxing in 'Maria's apartment'.
4) Parks and I, in the orchestra pit, which doubles as an exit during the rumble.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to see you back posting. I know you must be very busy with the production, hope it goes well!

Goodnapps said...

That sounds like so much fun. Break a leg!

still waters said...

WOW looks like its been and will continue to be a blast!!!

one love still

Mel said...

We are WORKING hard, but having lots of FUN!