Wednesday 2 January 2008

Maybe I should start designing party hats for locked hair


My sister insisted that we all wore hats at my very small New Year's Eve party. In fact, it was also my sister who insisted that I had the party in the first place! Of course everybody thought it was hilarious that my hat wouldn't, actually I mean couldn't fit on my head properly. My ill-fitting crown didn't stop me enjoying myself; I laid on a mean buffet and made cocktails to order - the perfect hostess!
When Big Ben struck midnight, we all stood in a circle holding hands and sang a chorus of Auld Lang Syne. At JB's request, we then watched the London firework display on the television.
A great way to see the new year in.

6 comments:

brunsli said...

Happy New Year!

I hear you on the hats.

Goodnapps said...

Good idea.

Anonymous said...

YAY! For Big Hair!!!!

Happy New Year!!!

N'Drea ~ the Storyteller said...

Happy New Year! Hope it will be a great one for you and the rest of your family.

Aya said...

Happy New Year to you Mel!!! What cute pictures of you with that party hat!! Sounds like you has a lot of fun.

Mel said...

Happy New Year to you all; the prototype is in the making!