Friday 4 January 2008

For Brenda


It has been a long, long time since Brenda 'won' a cheesecake in my blog quiz! And it has been an equally long time since I have made my signature dessert. As I can't put the cheesecake in the post I am sharing the recipe here instead. I made it for my New Years Eve soiree and as expected, didn't have any left on New Year's day!

You will need:

  • 175g Good Quality White Chocolate
  • 250g Cream Cheese
  • 200g Ginger Biscuits
  • 200ml Double Cream

  • 50g Unsalted Butter


Prepare your base by crushing the biscuits and melting the butter. Combine the two together and then press into a flan case.
Put the cream cheese in a bowl and whip it lightly. Slowly add the double cream, whisking the mixture continuously.
In a separate bowl, melt the chocolate; when it has cooled, slowly add it to the cream cheese and cream mixture.
When all of the chocolate has been added and mixed in well, spoon the mixture onto the biscuit base.
And that's it, easy peasy. Put your cheesecake into the fridge for a couple of hours (if you can wait that long) and enjoy after a good meal!

I promise you, it tastes delicious; the white chocolate works so well with the ginger. For those of you (and I mention no names) that don't like white chocolate, it can be replaced with the juice and rind of two limes; this creates a lighter, refreshing dessert.

If like me, your family absolutely love the taste, you will find yourself making extra so that they can take one home!











5 comments:

Anonymous said...

It looks delicious!!

brunsli said...

It looks good. But since it's made of white chocolate, it must be really icky. ;)

Salt-n-Pepper Diva said...

I love making cheesecakes, I will have to try this one, Thanks!

Brenda said...

OH Mel! I have so fallen behind in my blog reading, I didn't even see this. However, I have a feeling that if I were to ever make this, I'd never get a piece. A certain evil twin daughter wouldn't be able to stay out of it!

Mel said...

MM, I hope you can find a way to adapt it and make it vegan friendly - it really is delicious!

LOL Brunsli, I guess it's the lime version for you!

Salt'n'Pepper, do give it a try, I'm sure you'll love it.

Brenda,perhaps Goldie could make one for you and one for herself...