Tuesday 8 January 2008

Something I've learnt this year

Ok, ok I know we're only a week into this year, but it's a while since I've done it.

Buying a new house is soooooooo stressful!
This is what we are doing at the moment and it has me absolutely zapped. We have seen 11 houses in the past 4 days and I must say, that bar one house, we really enjoyed it. Thankfully we've managed to get a short list from these and fingers crossed, our new home is amongst them. But the tiring part is dealing with Solicitors, Financial Advisors and Estate Agents, don't even get me started on Estate Agents. We have become their new best friends and they seem to have us on speed dial; they all have the perfect house for us, in fact they all have several of the perfect house for us!
The process of packing up our current home has begun; we are trying to get rid of all of the stuff we have acquired over the years, that we don't need to take with us - isn't it amazing how much 'stuff' you can accumulate over time.
I am a little nervous about moving, it will be a new house, new neighbours and for us a new area; not too far away, but enough for me to notice.
For the first time in, let me see, in a year, my hair is taking a back seat!

8 comments:

still waters said...

I have tagged you check out my blog (:

one love still

N'Drea ~ the Storyteller said...

Congrats on the new move. Once you get settled into your new home, you'll see that all the effort was worth it. Sorry about all the stress you've been experiencing, but, as we say in JA, "if yu waan good, yu nose haffi run." :) Looking forward to see the pics.

Goodnapps said...

Mel - I've been wondering what you've been up to. I wish you the best in your new home.

Jena Evans said...

Congratulations on the move... I hope you welcome the newness with joy and loving-kindness!

Blessings~

Brenda said...

Congrats and good luck! I love the looking part - it's nice to see how others live... Even when they live bad. The financial part sucks.

Sisterlocks Convert said...

Hi Mel, I spoke to you ages ago at the beginning of my journey and still check up on your progress from time to time. Your hair looks fab, oh the stress of finding a student house probably doesn't compare but 11 properties and only 1 has been given the yes by us lol so I sort of know the feeling lol.

I've tagged you and hope you'll join in on the game rules:

1. link to the person that tagged you
2. post the rules on your blog
3. share six non-important things/habits/quirks about yourself
4. tag six random people at the end of your post by linking to their blogs
5. let each random person know they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog

Mel said...

Thanks for your support ladies!

Still Waters and Sisterlocks Convert, I will respond to your tags very soon.

KnottyAuthor said...

i closed 2/23 on my new home-yes very stressful. one month today and we are NOW enjoying it