Friday 5 January 2007

I need a break!

I know I've just had one, but these two days back at work have left me exhausted! I seem to have so much to do. I detest taking work home, yet over the Christmas holiday I marked just under 100 books. This weekend I will be in the same position with 40 books and 3 portfolios to mark, two plays to read and a presentation to prepare!

So what was my alternative? That I stayed at work until it was all finished? Now depending on the content, I can mark on average five/six books in an hour; that means it would take between 7-8 hours to get through the 40 I have to do. The school day finishes at 3.10, so over the past two days my choices would have been to either stay at work until 11pm on one evening or split the task and stay until 7pm on both.

I just about coped with the shock of getting up at 6am again this week, if I'd stayed late to work I quite possibly would have woken up there in the morning! So working at home it is, which of course comes with it's own issues, but on this occasion it is the lesser of two evils. This post should in no way be taken as an indication that I am unhappy in my work; I have said it before, I love my job. As with most things in life it has attached to it, things which have to be done that are less appealing than others. Whilst marking may be a downside, one of the many ups are the holidays. Only six weeks until the next break...



On a side note - today's news has been filled with the findings of a study in Scotland:
Tell us something we don't know!

1 comment:

Blogger said...

Just got my cheque for $500.

Many times people don't believe me when I tell them about how much money you can earn by taking paid surveys online...

So I took a video of myself actually getting paid $500 for filling paid surveys to set the record straight.